September 20, 2013
Wishard Administration and IUPUI Parking & Transportation Services entered into a partnership about a year and a half ago to provide IUPUI permit holders parking space in the new Eskenazi Garage while the new hospital was being constructed. When Wishard Administration moves into their new facility in December, that partnership will end.
As a result, effective December 6, 2013, parking will no longer be available in the Eskenazi Garage for IUPUI permit holders. IUPUI “A”, “B” or “E” permit holders currently parking in the Eskenazi Garage have many options available. "CH" permit holders click here.
- Do nothing: Keep your existing permit. If you decide to keep your existing permit, you may park in parking lots (and garages dedicated specifically to permit parking) with your permit designation. Click here to view a campus map to help identify available parking for your permit type. Current permit garages that allow “A”, “B” and “E” permit parking are: Barnhill Garage, Gateway Garage, Sports Garage, Blackford Street Garage and the newest garage, Riverwalk Garage. Plan accordingly as lots and permit garages fill quickly!
- Upgrade to a garage pass: With a garage pass, we guarantee parking so you’ll always find a space because we never oversell! Currently garage permit parking is available in Vermont Street Garage, Sports Garage, North Street Garage, and the Tower Garage. Waiting lists exist for Wilson and Riley Hospital Garages. (You may add your name to any waiting list by visiting Manage My Account on the Parking Services website).
- Purchase a reserved space: Reserved spaces are expensive but guarantee you a space 24/7! Reserved spaces are available in ANY lot and ANY Garage-it’s your choice!
- Change your permit type: If you would like to upgrade or downgrade your permit type, please come and visit us in the office. At this time, there are not waiting lists for any permit type (except for Riley and Wilson Garages).
- Wishard Garage Waiting List: IUPUI will gain control of the old Wishard Garage (located at Wishard and University Blvds) on December 9th. While no plans have been finalized at this time, you may add your name to the waiting visit by visiting Manage My Account on the Parking Services website if you think you may be interested in parking in this garage.
- Indiana Avenue: Just a reminder that there is plenty of parking available on Indiana Avenue. Students and faculty/staff may park in the Indiana Avenue lots and take a shuttle to campus.
After further analysis of the Gold Line, it was determined that the demand is not high enough to continue the service. Therefore the Gold Line will terminate on December 6th. If you are an IU employee or student and have a question about parking at the VA Hospital, please call the Richard L. Roudebush VAMC at 317-554-0000.
For all of your permit questions, please email our Permits Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Campus Housing Residents
If you have a “CH” permit you can park in the existing “CH” lots around the Campus Apartments. Additionally, “CH” spaces will be available in two southernmost rows of lot 63, located at the corner of Lansing St. and New York St.
Campus Housing residents wishing to ride the shuttle may catch the Gray line.