Appeals are reviewed by the Parking Appeals Committee. The committee is made up of faculty, staff, and students from the University and is operated independently of Parking & Transportation Services.
You will receive notice via e-mail or postal mail of the Parking Appeals Committee decision approximately 45 days after the appeal submission date. There are three possible outcomes:
- Granted – the parking fine is waived and any payments already made will be refunded
- Reduced – a parking fine is due but at a reduced rate from the original citation amount
- Denied - the parking fine is due in full. Decisions made by the Parking Appeals Committee are final
When an initial appeal request is denied you have the right to request a second, in-person appeal. In-person appeals are scheduled on the second Friday of the month and require an appointment.
To schedule an appointment email email@example.com
or call 317-274-4232
IN-PERSON APPEAL REQUIREMENTS AND INFORMATION
- In-person appeal hearings are held in the IUPUI Parking & Transportation Services office located at 1004 W. Vermont Street Indianapolis, IN 46202
- All fines must be paid in full before the in-person appeal can be scheduled (A refund will be processed if your in-person appeal is granted.)
- New evidence or information will need to be presented and must be received in writing
- You are able to bring witnesses with you if they were present at the time of the citation (They are not permitted to testify of your behalf.)
- If an appointment is missed, the citation is automatically upheld