Implementation of License Plate Recognition (LPR) will transition from soft to full enforcement beginning on August 28.
Parking & Transportation is asking for your help in minimizing the need for enforcement through the following actions:
- Ensure your vehicle and license plate information are current in your IU Parking Account.
- Delete any license plates that are no longer valid.
- Park so your license plate always faces the drive lane. Do not pull through or back into any parking spaces. The only exception to this rule will be for vehicles with a state-issued plate or IU-issued LPR plate mounted on the front bumper. Parking and Transportation Services sells these plates for $14.50.
- Continue to display a valid parking permit until further notice.
- Park in areas as designated by your current permit.
Your IU account may be used to register up to five vehicles, but only one vehicle may be parked on campus at a time. We appreciate your help in making the transition to LPR easier. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.