Slow the Spread!
Recommendations for Carpooling to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Deep Clean: If you share a vehicle, give it a deep clean before returning to carpooling.
- Wear a Mask: Everyone in a carpool should wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose.
- Social Distance: One person drives and the other person should sit in the back on the opposite side.
- Use Hand Sanitizer: Keep hand sanitizer nearby for use in your carpool.
- Fresh Air: Bring in fresh air to the vehicle by rolling down windows. Avoid using your vehicle’s cooling/heating air recirculation function to minimize the chances of sharing harmful germs among your carpool.
- Daily Cleaning: Once you’re back home, give your vehicle a good wipe-down and consider deep cleaning at least once a week.
Continue to follow CDC guidelines as much as possible while carpooling to help everyone feel more comfortable about using this important mode of transportation.